How to book a bicycle?
Touring bikes can be booked With bike racks as Extra equipment.
Flat Pedals are included in the rentals price
-Other special cleat pedals if wish can be rented on the checkout.
The pre-reservation needs 30% of signal in the end of the checkout. You will receive a confirmation email after if your booking is accepted and to continue the rental 70% payment:
If we cannot accept your pre-reservation we will refund you immediately the reservation 30% ammount.
The bike deposit is the total amount that you need to leave in using a credit card in the pickup moment at our shop. It can be used the same credit card for the Booking and for the deposit.
We recommend to use our Insurance in order to protected you from damages in a rental equipment. Please notice that deposits are mandatory to keep our bikes without damages and secure for thief or losses.
What to bring?:
We do not rent cycling shoes!
Please bring the shoes you choose to ride in. We recommend you bring your pedals as well. Yet you can rent cleats pedals as extra equipment or get a flat pedal platform for free. Bring any items that might make your riding experience better (saddle, cycling shorts, cycling computer, front or rear hydration systems).
You can adquire one of our Cycling bottles in your order.
In the end of your ride you can use our Showers if wish to get fresh for your next adventure in Lisbon. We hope that you can feel at home.
Rentals must be picked up at least 1/2 hour before store closing 6pm. Rates are based on a 24 hour rental. Rental items must be returned on the reservation end date you select. A reservation holds a bike for the exact dates you select. If you select a single day use, the rental will be due back that day. If you desire to have a bike from one day until the next, it MUST be indicated so by selecting those dates on your reservation. You will be asked to enter credit card information to make your reservation. Your credit card will not be charged for the full amount until you return the bike(s), and you may choose your method of payment at that time.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF HIRE LISBON BIKE RENTALS ®
- LISBON BIKE RENTALS is a Premium bike company that provides a professional service from cyclists to cyclists.
- The customer needs to have experience in the proper use of a Premium Bicycle, protecting from damages and loss.
- We encourage everyone to have travel insurance that covers damages.
- Clients can acquire insurance from LISBON BIKE RENTALS® to protect from damages / scratches on the rental equipment. Theft, loss or broken frame or wheels is not covered by any insurance company in Portugal and the client is fully responsible for incidental theft or loss of any equipment.
- Clients can request in LISBON BIKE RENTALS® shop the best practices to use the rental equipment and to repair a flat tire.
- Rental day period starts at 9:00 and ends at 18:00. Pickups and bicycle returns are made in our Lisbon Location shop at Av. 24 de Julho 4A, Lisboa.
- Bookings can only be refundable up to 7 days before the rental day. A voucher code can be offered in any case of an issue reported by the customer of any issue in the rental equipment.
- The customer is responsible for all the equipment in this contract and responsible to cyclists at least 16 years old.
- The client must have a valid identification card. Passport is mandatory in case of non EU citizens.
- The vehicle described on this hire agreement must be driven exclusively over the responsibility of who signed the rental agreement and he will be responsible for all the infringements to the road, civil and the Portuguese penal code.
- All the rental equipment must be returned on the day and hour established. Customers are obligated to inform LISBON BIKE RENTALS about any unexpected delay, otherwise the proper authorities will be alerted about the situation.
- For each additional hour past the end of the contract, customers will be charged an additional amount of 20% over the contracted price.
- If the customer doesn't return the rental equipment at the end of the rental period will be charged the total amount of the Vehicle Market price.
- The rental price excludes mechanical support, parking fees, fines, and pickup of the vehicle in case of accident or in case of forced removal by the local authorities or damages caused to the vehicle even though caused by third parties.
- The customer must check with LISBON BIKE RENTALS the conditions of the vehicle when collecting and delivering it and can be reported after 1 hour of testing in order to be repaired or change the vehicle or rental equipment.
- The vehicle must be returned to the same location where it has been hired. The eventual needs of transportation to return will be charged according to the LISBON BIKE RENTALS price list.
- The vehicle is not allowed to circulate out of Portugal and is prohibited to participate in competition events.
- The customer is always responsible for damages affected to the rented vehicle as well as any other equipment supplied. The customer is obliged to take good care of the rented equipment and to protect it from damage, loss or theft. Otherwise, will be charged with the total deposit amount plus extra costs of the damage.
- The deposit value is expressed in the deposit field in the Rental document and needs to be charged by credit card on the collecting day. (other methods can be agreed)
- The returned bicycle with excessive cleaning needs will incur a 9€ +VAT cleaning fee per bicycle.
- LISBON BIKE RENTALS only rents a vehicle. Responsibly at all times will not hold LISBON BIKE RENTALS, responsible for any loss, damage or injury including death to persons or property with regard to the use of the cycle(s) and equipment hired. You accept responsibility to Indemnify LISBON BIKE RENTALS against any claim, interest, demand or expense in respect of such injury or damage.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A RENTAL?
- Bicycle with flat pedals and bottle cage.
- Cleat pedals can be optional as extra.
- Repair kits (mini-pump or Co2 cartridge, tire levers, multi-tool and spare tube) are provided with the rental.
- Customers are responsible for any lost items or tubes used.
- Helmets are available with your bike as extra equipment.
- Bike Locks can be rented as extra equipment.